Child Support and Modification

Experienced Vancouver WA Family Law Attorney

Our office provides legal support in matters of family law involving children.

Experienced Vancouver, Washington Child Support Lawyer

Our firm handles virtually all matters that affect the children of divorcing and divorced parents. We represent clients with matters that include initial determination of child support, modification of child support and modification of other post-divorce matters. At the law office of Kalkadora Thangkhiew, we provide dedicated legal help. We recognize that the issues involving your children are important and close to your heart.

Do you need to speak with an attorney about child support? Whether you need help with an initial determination of support or have questions about modification, our firm can help. Call us today at 360-571-8228 to schedule your free consultation. You can also fill out a contact form and someone from our firm will be in touch with you promptly.
How is child support calculated?

In Washington state, child support payments are determined by statutory guidelines. Factors that are considered include the gross monthly income of each party, health care expenses for the children, day care expenses and any special needs. The guidelines also consider the number of children and child custody arrangements. It may be possible to deviate from the guidelines. Attorney Thangkhiew can answer any questions you may have about this.

Can changes be made to a divorce decree?

Modification to a divorce decree may be sought months or years after a divorce has been finalized. However, certain time requirements must be followed in cases of child custody. Parents may request modification to parenting plans because of a substantial change in circumstances. Reasons can range from suspected abuse or neglect in one parent’s home to a parent wishing to relocate to another county, city or state. Child support modifications are also requested based upon a substantial change such as increased earnings, job loss, remarriage and other events that change a person’s financial situations. Our firm represents people who are requesting modifications as well as those who want to contest the proposed changes.

Contact us to learn more and to arrange your free consultation.

Kalka is upfront with all clients regarding their needs. More importantly, you can depend on Kalkadora Thangkhiew to handle your entire case with the personalized attention you require.

Call Today! (360) 571-8228

Located in Vancouver, WA
Serving the Greater Clark County Area